Earlier this week, we announced that the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University and the University of South Florida Health Morsani College of Medicine will serve as limited regional testing centers using Prometric equipment. Administrations of Step 1 and Step 2 CK are scheduled to begin at these sites on May 27, 2020.
A third regional testing center will be Indiana University School of Medicine. Administrations of Step 1 and Step 2 CK are scheduled to begin at this site on June 1, 2020. The site will have 50 available test administrations each day. At this time, this regional testing center will only serve students from a Midwest consortium of schools:
- Indiana University School of Medicine (host school)
- University of Louisville School of Medicine
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- Marian University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
- Carle Illinois College of Medicine
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign
- Ohio State College of Medicine
- University of Kentucky College of Medicine
Students from these schools should wait to hear from their medical school Dean’s Office (Student Affairs) before taking any action to schedule or cancel a Prometric test center appointment. The institutions’ Dean’s Offices, in collaboration with Prometric and the USMLE program, will schedule eligible students for USMLE testing.
Regional testing centers are being set up in different geographical areas across the U.S. We will be announcing more centers soon.