Last month, the USMLE program announced temporary USMLE Step 3 eligibility requirements during the suspension of the USMLE Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) examination. The temporary eligibility requirements below, applicable to examinees who have not yet passed the Step 2 CS, are in effect within the Step 3 registration system starting Sept. 3, 2020 at 1 p.m. U.S. Central Time.
To be eligible to take Step 3 under these temporary requirements, examinees must:
- have passed Step 1 and Step 2 CK but not passed Step 2 CS
- have a medical degree (MD, DO or the equivalent of an MD degree from a medical school outside the U.S. and Canada that is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools as meeting ECFMG eligibility requirements)
- be ECFMG certified, if you are an international medical graduate
- have taken any USMLE Step or Step Component on or after Jan. 1, 2015
- have not failed Step 2 CS six or more times
For questions regarding these temporary requirements, please contact FSMB at email@example.com or (817) 868-4041.